For A Scientism Culture
For A Scientism Culture
* Scientism = a doctrine and method characteristic of pre-Technology-Culture-Era scientists, and the proposition that classical scientific doctrine and methods of studying natural sciences should be used in all areas of investigation and of conduct, to societal-cultural-civil affairs. An approach by rational humans seeking an efficient practical, as fair as possible, viable civic framework.
* All politics, local, national and international, are about evolutionary biology, about Darwinian evolution, about survival, about obtaining and maintaining and distributing energy.
A. See “ScienceDebate.Org”
B. Now “Science Debate Goes International” June 11, 2010http://www.sciencedebate.org/www/index.php?id=76
Science Debate cofounder Shawn Lawrence Otto will speak at the EuroScience Open Forum in Torino, Italy on July 7. Otto will be a panelist on the plenary session “The missing mediator: Science debates in a knowledge based society,” and will tell the European science audience about science in American policymaking and media.
C. My misgivings about ScienceDebate.Org for science in government and media:
1) From e-mail May 2009 to ScienceDebate:
IMO the AAAS has turned science and the science-organizations-establishments into essentially an American, plus some international, guild-union of employees in technology-related industries, academies and organizations, and has turned science into a “popular religion” in the service of the 20th century Technology Culture. It has turned peer review into a tool of corrupt “subversive activities control board”, where the corruption is not inherent in the tool, but in the nature of the science establishment and in the characteristics of its obsequious functionaries.
The disappointment with the science establishment is much deeper. Even you, the team of ScienceDebate, have not asked yourselves where were the scientists (what-who are they?) during the years in which the Technology Culture has been reigning supreme and has been evolving into its recent economic collapse. Even you apparently think that the science establishment had-has no share whatsoever in the evolution of the collapse. “Scientists” (what-who are they?) selfrighteously think that increase of “science-technology budget” is essential for repairing the present collapse and posit that this and similar collapses can be prevented if THEIR budgets were higher.
The disappointment is that the science establishment has not examined its own contribution to the collapse, its own 90-years continuous deterioration into a servent of the Technology Culture, and into the ludicruos high self-esteem image that it rightly earned and projects today.
2) “Prsdnt Obama Should Consider An Overdue Introspection” May 26 2009http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=14988&st=495
3) Science and scientism are relevant to and involved in ALL aspects of national and international culture and life and thus in all political policies. The call for a scientism culture, for a rational efficient practical, as fair as possible, viable civic framework culture, should come from the people by the people for the people. IMO ScienceDebate calls from the technology-science establishment by the technology-science establishment to persuade the people to go on living with the present technology culture with the present technology-science establishment.
Science, the historical promise and hope for human Enlightenment, is not what it used to be prior to having been overrun by the AAAS and Technology Culture.
(Comments From The 22nd Century)